|The ‘BC Place’ Sadium formed an
impressive backdrop to the meetin
The 2nd Rose Charities Canada Project Presentation Forum held at the Creekside ‘Olympic Village’ Community Centre in Vancouver attracted around 80 persons and represented a spectrum from those with close Rose involvment to those just curious to know more about Rose projects. Food was ‘pot-luck’ which resulted in a groaning table of delicious food and an drinks were available at a small donation bar.
Topics demonstrated the wide range of Rose Charities Canada involvment areas, both geographical as well as sectorial. Sadly, time, and the quantity of projects permitted only short 5 minute presentations, but this tight schedule also allowed a mid period for refreshments and all-important networking .
|Rachel Greene (Rose Charities NY)
presents on Social Networking
Special guests were Rachel Greene and Clare Seekins of Rose Charities USA, who presented the work of Rose Charities NY with their digital art program for reservation youth in Idaho, as well as a talk on social media.
The evening was deemed interesing and enjoyable by all.
Presentations consisted of ..
- Rose Charities Canada Admin (Maggie Francis, Josephine de Freitas) http://rosecharities.ca
- Rose Charities USA project (Idaho First Nation Youth Project) and Social Networking (Rachel Greene, Clare Seekins – both Rose Charities USA) http://rosecharities.us
- Mayan Project (Education) (Dr Ellen Coburn) http://www.mayanproject.org
- Safe Motherhood Guatamala (Annette Borkent) http://www.safemotherhoodproject.org
- Malambo Grassroots (Jocelyn Banyard) http://malambograssroots.ca
- Rose Charities in Haiti (Linda Warner) http://rosehaiti.info
- Brighter Smiles Uganda (Drea Burbank) http://africanhearts.ca
- Rose Charities Vietnam (Louis Lap Nguyen) http://www.rosevietnam.org
- Education Generation (Mila Lukic ) http://www.educationgeneration.org
- Rose Charities Cambodia (Dr Will Grut) http://rosecambodia.org
- Volset Uganda (Roger Huyghe)
- Stand Tall Education Uganda (Nicole Schouela) http://www.standtalleducation.org
- Hands up for Africa Kenya (Colin Harivel) http://www.handsupforafrica.org
- Rose Madagascar (Dr Emma Noble/Luke King) http://rosemadagascar.squarespace.com