The community of Kalmunai, one of the worst sites of the 2004 tsunami, was left with little hope. But what a difference 10 years can make!
Come see for yourself a real Rose Charities success story, and share the lessons that make Rose projects work.
Kalmunai is ready to welcome and thank you for breathing life back into their community.
10 Reasons You Need to be There:
1. Learn personally from Rose Sri Lanka how to create the cash flow your own project needs to sustain itself.
Micro Credit Workshops are planned to show you & your organisation how to structure similar success: Kalmunai now supports 3000 family home based businesses, a project that started with only $5000
2. Witness where your money & energy has impacted other lives: see a community that has flourished.
See how only 100 people (including yourself) have changed the lives of thousands forever through a plan of self sufficiency. Their children will now be sharing the next generation with yours.
3. Celebrate with the Kalmunai community as it honours Rose Charities, its contributors & volunteers.
It is a special day to pay tribute to those who have turned this community around. It is a reunion, a homecoming that will include local dignitaries & entertainment.
4. Connect at the Rose International Conference: align with other international Rose projects.
Exchange your project ideas (optometry, medical) that Kalmunai could benefit from, streamline resources & celebrate successes.
5. Get real: take a reality check from life’s stresses and plug into a community that really means ‘community’.
Homestay with a local family or be invited to a meal with one. Visit a local family store or school that is sustained by Rose support. Why not bring your own family?
6. Participate in the experience as this event is documented for posterity.
Canadian media productions who were here 10 years ago, are returning to film the week’s events, demonstrating the lasting impact of Rose Charities in Sri Lanka for the world to see.
7. Investigate social & business investment opportunities in an emerging economy.
Be introduced to charity, social investing like micro credit, business or real estate prospects in the region. Tourism is the fastest growing sector. Medical practices that support the community.
8. Capture firsthand how a multi- cultural multi-religious community functions in harmony, despite all the conflicts of war, social unrest and natural disasters.
Meet graduates of Rose’s University scholarship programs, families who have benefited from Rose micro-credit home-based businesses, and kids involved in inter-school Sports for Peace & pre-school programs.
9. Adventure into exotic cultural extremes that range from subsidence living to tea plantations, jungle elephant tours, 5 star beach hotels and beaches.
Organised guided nature & wildlife tours. Social cricket game: Rose Expats v Rose Sri Lanka 🙂 Traditional dance, music & hospitality in diverse cultures & landscapes.
10. Share in the company of like-minded people who have touched a community at a real grassroots level.
Meet the volunteer doctors & nurses & teachers, the donors (corporate & private), the local Rose team, the beneficiaries, media, community leaders who all helped create this success. Share your story over dinner.
See with your own eyes the people whose lives and destinies have been positively changed by the efforts of Rose Charities and your donations.
The road to Kalmunai is testimony to how lasting change can occur, a pilgrimage to sustainability.
In a town that recognizes Rose Charities as its saving grace at its time of need, there will be no place on this planet that you will be welcomed more.
Limited Packages available from as little as $2500CDN* including economy flight (from Vancouver), shared accommodation, Rose Conference, community tours, guest celebrations connections, meals and workshops.
*not including connecting accommodation, nature excursions, 4star accommodation & meal options visas, health & travel insurance, spending money
Contact Rose Canada for details and ways we can advise you get you in getting there.
The journey begins here.
More details to follow….
See you in Kalmunai, Sri Lanka
Lawrence Keenan (Donors & Volunteers),
Erica Krutzen (Media & Vancouver Event),
Will Grut (Rose Int.& Canada)
Yoga Yogendran (BC Investors & Community),
Rajeeshan (Sri Lanka)
c/- Sri Lanka Conference Committee 2014
How often in life do you get to see the lasting impact that you have created from your volunteer efforts or donation?
This is one of those defining moments….